Monday 31 August 2015

My August 2015 Choices - Specials, K-Dramas, Books, and more!

Like I have mentioned before, I've been in Corfu for the most time of this month, so there is not much I have fallen for, but there is still a few things that I can talk about. Anyway, here goes nothing - my choices for this August.

We All Cry Differently (2014)
While I was away, I never had the time to watch even one episode from the dramas I was watching. But while browsing through YouTube, I discovered on the KBS World TV channel, they have every single drama special since 2011. And so, I have watched three on that list so far: We All Cry Differently, I'll Die Soon and When I Was the Prettiest. The last two weren't very good, especially the last one (and that one had Lee Jong Suk in it!). I won't be doing reviews on them because it's only one hours worth of content, and not enough for me to review on. Anyway, the first special was such a good watch and I'll leave the whole video below, so you can watch if you want!

Top student Ji Hye wants to go on a study abroad program for English. She gets her opportunity but can't make her passport because she's registered under her father whom she has lost contact with. She's always complained about her family but her complaints mount with this issue and she has to learn to listen to her family and sympathize that they're experiencing the same things in different ways.


Oh My Ghost (2015)
I haven't even watched the last four episodes of this drama yet, but I still love it so much that I just had to mention it in this month's choices. It's an absolutely amazing drama and I'm so sad to see it leave. I now love the actors Jo Jung Suk, Park Bo Young and Kim Seul Gi. I can't wait to watch their previous and future projects. If you have trouble deciding what drama to watch next/first, Oh My Ghost is definitely the one to go!

Bong Sun, a timid young woman, is possessed by the ghost of a lustful virgin. She has zero self-confidence, and because of her extreme shyness, she doesn't have any close friends. At the restaurant where she works as an assistant, she's not particularly good at anything, and mostly just gets yelled at a lot. Her grandmother was a shaman so from a young age she's been able to occasionally see ghosts, though it's not until she meets the lascivious ghost that she gets possessed totally. Sun Woo is a conceited chef who's overflowing with confidence in his food and his skills. Bong Sun harbors a secret crush on him, though he doesn't take much notice of her for two reasons: because he's always surrounded by women and because he's hung up on an old flame. But then one day, Bong Sun starts acting differently, shedding her mousy personality, and ends up constantly on Sun Woo's mind.

XXZANABAEXX No.5
Seeing as I've mentioned this YouTuber so many times now, it's not kinda hard to give a small summary before listing all the new videos. So, after this month, I'll just start listing the videos and you can just assume that I still love her massively.

I Love You - feat. High Society
I Feel So Cold - feat. I Remember You
Is A Happy Ending Possible? - feat. I Remember You
Bloodsport - feat. Scholar Who Walks the Night
Wildest Dreams - feat. Yong Pal
Believe in Me - feat. Yong Pal

A Natural History of Dragons: Memoir by Lady Trent - Marie Brennan
This is the book I'm currently reading. It's quite complicated to read as it does use historic language, but I'm really enjoying reading this. I've been reading about a chapter or two a day, and I'm on the thirteenth chapter. I can not wait to finish this and get the next two books in the series (and there's a fourth book in 2016!). It's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you like reading books on dragons or the science behind things, I recommend this.


New K-Drama YouTubers
Here's a list of YouTubers I recently discovered with their best videos.

WhiteGoldMVs - If These Wings Could Fly
TheMsAyoko12 - Obsession
StarGazerExo - Can You Feel My Heart?
xMadelaineS - Run
Victoria Chan - DNA
musicprincessxoxo - Crush
Minoseyo1002 - What The Heart Wants
xCupidPanda - Let's Make It Happen
Anuta122 - Freak Show
Silver93lov - Being With You
92AyachanMVxx - You and I Collide

I kept thinking of more as I was writing this post, so it was a lot more than I was expecting. Anyway, good night and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment