Friday 7 August 2015

A Significant Life

"One way to get out of a nightmare is to wake up. But if I can't wake up... the nightmare continues." - Jang Hyuk Rin, Yong Pal

"After seeing the results, things that seem unrelated come together to form one, and unimportant moments all feel like destiny." - Park Yeon Seon, White Christmas

"When we were in school, you studied really well, so I had a hard time, because I had to go to the same college as you. Even though it was annoying and difficult, I followed you. But for over half my life, I followed you. I didn't realize that me following you around wasn't a habit, but love. For not going anywhere and sticking to my side like gum, I'm grateful." - Park Ji Eun, Producer

"I'm not so weird to me." - Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

"Here's the truth: friendships between women are often the deepest and most profound love stories, but they are often discussed as if they are ancillary, "bonus" relationships to the truly important ones. Women's friendships outlast jobs, parents, husbands, boyfriends, lovers, and sometimes children." - Unknown

"Is life always this hard, or is it just when you're a kid?" - Matilda, Matilda

"Just staying together with my wife feels really warm and blissful. It's this kind of moment - when no words are needed and you can just understand what each other is feeling." - Lee Jong Hyun, We Got Married

"I can't do this. I really can't do this. I'm having a really hard time. I though I could get married even if I didn't love the woman. Even if I didn't love her, I thought I could live. I can't do it. I don't want to live! Is marriage much of a big deal? Just meet a girl with a similar background as you and carry on meeting your close friends... And I thought I could just have a kid and live well. I don't think I can do that." - Ha Myung Hee, High Society

"You have to accept that some people are not made for deep conversations, or for holding you together when you're about to fall apart, or for keeping you from unzipping your skin, or for talking you out of suicide, or to love you through the worst moments of your life. Some people are made for shallow exchanges, and ridiculous banter, and nothing more. And that's okay. That doesn't make them horrible people because they simply aren't able to handle a storm like you. It doesn't make you a bad person because you won't divulge all the gritty details of your horror show. It makes you smart. You have to accept that there will be people that cannot give you what you need. It doesn't mean they are not worth keeping in your life. You just have to figure out who these ones are before you're disappointed. And you have to keep them at arm's length. You cannot expect everyone in your life to understand, to be nonjudgmental, to get it. But that's okay, because not everyone was made to impart wisdom, or wax-poetic, or speak on politics and the depravity of society, or discuss how crucial it is that the stigma of mental illness be abolished. You have to. And you will need superficial conversations about Kim Kardashian's arse, or a debate on the colour of The Dress. You will need those ones. So don't go round cutting people off and dropping your friends. You need people for all your reasons. You need people or you won't survive this." - Unknown

"I just want you to be happy. If that's with me or with someone else or with nobody. I just want you to be happy." - John Green, Will Grayson, Will Grayson

"Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters." - John Green, Will Grayson, Will Grayson

"Regardless of who you are or whether I die just because you are by my side, I won't care anymore now. It will be okay as long as she is Byun Ji Sook who is in front of me. Please don't leave me in order to save me. Byun Ji Sook disappearing in front of me is killing me as well." - Choi Ho Chul, Mask

"The girl was rotten inside. Peel off a layer of that beautiful skin, and you'd find nothing but rotten flesh." - Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

"What I want is for the two of us to meet somewhere by chance one day, like, passing on the street, or getting on the same bus." - Haruki Murakami, 1Q84

No comments:

Post a Comment