Sunday 9 August 2015

On-Hold Drama: The Time We Were Not in Love

The Time We Were Not in Love
Episodes: 16
Country: South Korea
Airs: Jun. 27, 2015 - Aug. 16, 2015
On-Hold Date: Jul. 11, 2015
Network: SBS
Duration: 1 hr. 10 mins.
Genres: Comedy, Romance
Viewers Rating: 7.4/10
My Rating: 7.0/10

Synopsis: Choi Won is "the perfect guy" - good-looking, tall and fit with an amicable personality. Although he is very popular with women, he can't have a proper relationship because of his friend, Oh Ha Na. A romantic comedy about a man and a woman who have been best friends for 20 years (7000 days). They turn 34 and make a pact to be married before 35, and race each other to the altar while "helping" weed out potential suitors. They find that they're constantly dissatisfied with each other's boyfriends and girlfriends, because they've been in love all this time.

Cast: Ha Ji Won - Oh Ha Na
Lee Jin Wook - Choi Won
Yoon Gyun Sang - Cha Seo Hoo
Chu Soo Hyeon - Lee So Eun

Reason(s) For Putting On-Hold
I've had this post as a draft for a while, so this is coming a bit late as The Time We Were Not in Love is finishing next week. So, it looks like I've just put it on-hold right about it finishes, which I haven't done. I put this on-hold almost a month ago, right after the fourth episode.

To be honest, there aren't many reasons why I put this drama on-hold. I just got bored of it. The romance part of it just kept repeating itself and it was honestly quite annoying. I was really looking forward to this drama because Ha Ji Won was a brilliant actress in Secret Garden, and Yoon Gyun Sang did an amazing job in Pinocchio, but it just failed to meet my expectations. Not only is the synopsis and story of the drama quite cliche, the writing could have done with a lot of improvement. They also made the characters extremely annoying. Oh Ha Na is supposed to be a strong character with a stubborn personality, but as soon as her ex, Cha Seo Hoo, came along, she became weak and indecisive. And the character of Lee So Eun is so needy that every time she forces Won or Ha Na to do something, I want to punch her in the face.

One thing I hate more than awful acting is awful writing. I don't know how much the drama has improved/failed since I stopped watching it, but I will watch the whole series after my holidays and do a proper review.

Won + Ha Na.

No comments:

Post a Comment