Saturday 11 July 2015

Who Are You: School 2015 Ending Rewrite - The True Ending (Part One)

Eun Bi and Yi An stood together on the bridge of many events. The bridge that first gave Tae Kwang his romantic feelings towards Eun Bi, the bridge that Eun Byul finally confronted Yi An on after she disappeared for months on end. And now, they both stand there again to tell each other what needs to be said.

“I didn’t realize you would be leaving so soon.” Yi An finally started to stop the awkward silence. Things had been so difficult for them both recently, especially with Eun Byul’s sudden reappearance and So Young’s constant threats towards Eun Bi, that they both weren’t in the greatest place.

“Since we made the decision to move, time is going by so fast.”

“What about my race? Can you come?” Yi An needed to know so he could only show Eun Bi his strongest and most reliable side, as that was all he cared about. Nothing else mattered to him, besides Eun Bi.

“I’m sorry.” She paused. “That’s the first day of my transfer to the new school.” Eun Bi looked down towards the never-ending river just below them with an anxious expression worn across her face.

Yi An, noticing this, said, “Hey, what is with you? Aren’t you going to see me anymore?”

“Han Yi An… I like you.” He stood up from his leaned posture against the bridge side and looked straight down into Eun Bi’s eyes. But before he could reply, Eun Bi continues, “No, I liked you. I liked you so much I wanted to take care of you when you were injured, I wanted to run after you when you were down and upset, I wanted to so badly take unnie’s place in your heart. But you always pushed me away.”

“I don’t see Eun Byul like I did before.”

“You still like her. You have just replaced unnie with me by making me the better version. I’m unnie’s upgrade essentially.” Yi An didn’t know what to say, what to do, so he just stood there. In silence. Taking in what Eun Bi was saying to him. “But I can’t handle it anymore. You’ve hurt me too many times, sometimes to the point where I cried my eyes out.” Before she continued, she took a couple steps back to show Yi An that she could no longer be near him. “That medal that I gave you. Give it to unnie. It’s hers. When unnie finally returns from her trip, and she gives it back to you, you have to be happy with her. Accept unnie the way she is because she is never going to change to suit your preferences. She’s never going to become me. And if she doesn’t give it back, you’ll just have to find another girl who will be everything you want her to be, because there is no chance either of us will come crawling back.”

Yi An, finally able to say something, only came out with, “Then what will you do? You’ll never find someone who liked you as much as I did.”

“You? Like me? Have you not been listening to what I just said? You don’t like me, you just used me as a rebound because things didn’t work with unnie.” Eun Bi turned away to look out at the river so she didn’t have to look at Yi An anymore. “And you’re asking what I’ll do? While finally realizing how you used me, I came to my senses. There’s already someone out there who accepts me for who I am. Someone who loves me for being Lee Eun Bi. And that person made me laugh, feel comforted and loved while I felt like no one else did. And I love him for it.”

“No way…”

“Yes.” Eun Bi gave Yi An a final look before leaving with the words, “Gong Tae Kwang.”

Unnie = the Korean term for the elder sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment