Wednesday 8 July 2015

A Meaningful Life

"She never felt like she belonged anywhere, except for when she was laying on her bed, pretending to be somewhere else." - Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park

"Now all you can do is wait. It must be hard for you, but there is a right time for everything. Like the ebb and flow of tides. No one can do anything to change them. When it is time to wait, you must wait." - Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

"...I sometimes think that people's hearts are like deep wells. Nobody knows what's at the bottom. All you can do is imagine by what comes floating to the surface every once in a while." - Haruki Murakami, Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman

"We're all kinds of weird and twisted and drowning." - Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

"My point is: in this whole wide world the only person you can depend on is you." - Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

"You were so nice to me when I was having my problems, but now that you're having yours, it seems there's not a thing I can do for you. You're all locked up in that little world of yours, and when I try knocking on the door, you just sort of look up for a second and go right back inside." - Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." - George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

"I go through phases. Some days I feel like the person I'm supposed to be, and then some days I turn into no one at all. There is both me and my silhouette. I hope that on the days you find me and all I am are darkened lines, you still are willing to be near me." - Mary Kate Teske

"Some walks you have to take alone." - Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

"The little happiness in life, dreaming of a warm dinner table." - Yang Hee Seung, Oh My Ghost

"That time, surely, we were here. Relying on that warmth, we walk to the future. Overcoming our worries and uncertainties, we look toward our tomorrow. That time, we repeated so many mistakes and failures. Even so, we kept running, believing in eternity." - Yuki Obata, We Were There (Bokura ga Ita)

"Even if things are hard, it's okay. Everything will be okay. I believe in you." - BtoB, It's Okay

"A wandering small paper boat on a voyage without any coordinates. I forcibly swallow back my tears and now my deep sigh becomes a habit. I know it, that I'm like a fool. Acting like I'm okay in front of others. You, who used to be so cheerful, where are you now?" - BtoB, It's Okay

"A one-sided love is like building a house and breaking it down all on your own." - Park Ji Eun, Producer

"It's so lonely living with a mask on. You cry and laugh by yourself. You have to do everything by yourself." - Choi Ho Chul, Mask

"There are children who are pretty since birth. There are children for whom someone said, "How pretty, so pretty," and so the children are pretty. There are children who are stupid since birth. And those that turn stupid, because someone tells them, "you're stupid, so stupid." And also there are those who are monsters since birth. Someone saw them as monsters, called them monsters, so they become monsters." - Kwon Ki Young, I Remember You

"Evil is hidden inside normal people. At times, the most cruel people can wear the face of an angel." - Kwon Ki Young, I Remember You

Let her be angry, let her be resentful and rebellious. Let her be hard, and soft, and loving, and sad, and silly. Let her be wrong, let her be right. Let her be everything, because she is everything." - Unknown

"Don't let anyone, ever, make you feel like you don't deserve what you want." - Karen McCullah Lutz, 10 Things I Hate About You

No comments:

Post a Comment