Sunday 26 April 2015

Rest in Peace: A Tragic Loss

Last night, round midnight, I found out that a classmate of mine passed away that same day. He was someone I never really talked to much, but he was still someone that was fully part of my form. When I found this out, it took me by shock and I still haven't fully recovered after more than 12 hours. I was unable to sleep for 3 hours thinking about the loss. This made me realize how precious my friends and the time together we have is. You don't know when you are going to lose someone who is a part of your life, and when you do, you will never be prepared for the impact it brings on you.

R.I.P Matthew.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I learned about it last night too, and it's kind of left me reeling too. Matthew went to my primary, and back in year 1 and stuff, we played together. All I can think of is us as Power Rangers (he was always red), and the fact that we grew apart. This is the second death in a month for me, and it's just... you think everybody around you is immortal, because they're in your life. It's a sad fact I wish we weren't facing.
    Always here to talk
    Eve <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I hope you're doing okay. I'm also in a similar position, because I've lost two people within a year, but I know this must be a lot harder for you, especially now that you've lost two important people in your life in one month. Even the smallest of memories come back to you when someone tragic like this happens, but after time, you can learn to love those memories and know they are in a better place. Me and Matthew only really talked during Year 7 and 8, but I remember having conversations with him about school and fandoms, things like that. He was a great person to know and talk to, and I am having a hard time myself. I don't think I'll be able to get over it for a long while.
      Hope we can talk some more tomorrow.
      Lara x

      Delete